Monday, March 22, 2010

Memories of Granny

Brian's Granny (his dad's mom) passed away last Monday. She had Alzhemiers disease for a long time. It was sad to see her go but it was good knowing she was not suffering anymore. Bennett did get to meet her 2 times before she passed away. She passed with all of her children with her. Most of her grandchildren got to see her a few hours before. Although she had Alzhemiers the whole time I have known her (8 years I have known her) I did get to know her before it was too bad and she was a great woman. She could make me laugh. I remember when she went to Gatlinburg with us and she thought the whole time we were in the mountains that we were in Iroquis Park. The week was rough with planning and visitation and the funeral. Please be in prayer for Brian's dad as she was one of his best friends.
*
Here are our favorite pictures of her, they are from our wedding in 2008.



Here is Bennett at the visitation...his outfit was too cute not to post a pic!





2 comments:

Liz said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.... I'm touched to see how much you treasure photos I took on your wedding day. Each wedding I shoot, I am so honored to be there and see the families all together. My best to you, Brian, and Bennett.

Liz
Liz Images Photography

Brittney said...

Sorry about your gma.

You are right, cute outfit! I need to find Dawit a cap like that...love it!!