Friday, December 26, 2008

How Our First Married Christmas Went:

Our first Christmas together went really well! Christmas Eve around noon my dad called to tell me that his side of the family was cancelling getting together again because Paula (the relative that stepped in to have it at her house after Aunt Cheri couldn't)'s husband got sick the night before. So after talking to Brian we decided to volunteer our house last minute for the Christmas Eve get together. We cleaned and called everyone and it ended up being a success. Christmas morning me, Brian, and Mercedes went downstairs and opened our gifts from each other. Brian got me so many good gifts. I got a journey necklace, a new digital camera, tickets to see Grease on Broadway in Cinnci, a double person papazon chair for our living room, Jon & Kate Plus 8 DVD and Book, and several other things. He got from me a new QuickFire cell phone, a chiping net for golf, golf shoes, a air pumper upper thingy, some clothes, a new jacket, and a few other things too. Mercedes got a purse to be carried in, booties, some toys, and a Kong with stuffing. After opening our presents we hurried and got ready and were off to my mom's house by 9:30am. We got there and woke everyone up to open presents. From my mom and Steve we got a card table and chairs, luggage, pots and pans. She got me a laptop, some clothes, the new Classic Cardy Ugg boots, a digital picture frame, a electric blanket and some other things. Brian got from them a new down pillow, a sweater, and a car jack. My sister got me some scarves, a baby footprint picture board, and Brian a robe. Devin got me some house slippers and lotion set and got Brian a UL shirt. After opening presents there we hung around for awhile and then went to Brian's parents house. There we ate lunch and hung out. From his parents I got a picture frame, a sign that says "All because two people fell in love", and a $100 gift card to Target. Brian got a $75 gift card to Dick's and golf balls. We got to spend time with Brian's parents, Granny's, Uncle Darrell, his sister Lacy, and brother Jason and niece Kelsy. My dad and sister also came over there. Around 4:30 we went to my mom's again for dinner. After dinner we went to the theaters to see Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a very long movie, good story line, but kind of weird, and ending was different. We almost saw Marley & Me but now I am glad I didn't because my cousin did and she said it was so sad and also there was a whole big part about her miscarrying in the movie and I don't think I am ready to handle that type of movie. Overall it was an AMAZING first Christmas married. We are so glad that God sent His son to earth to eventually die for our sins so we can one day go to Heaven to be with Him. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I love your necklace. It's very pretty :)