Thursday, January 29, 2009

Medical Update

I went to the doctor today about getting pregnant and to get some lab results. It looks as if I have Polycystic Ovaries. I have high insulin levels and low progesterone levels. (This is exactly what I thought just from hearing things in nursing school and my symptoms). It at least is good to know why I have not gotten pregnant again since the miscarriage. She prescribed me Provera again so I will start my period and Metformin (a diabetic drug) to lower my insulin. The doctor was very promising though and said I should be pregnant before summer comes! Only down fall is the Metformin pill is pretty big (for me atleast) and as you probably know I cannot swallow pills very well and a couple months ago was the first time I was able to at all. Thanks keeping our growing family in your prayers!!!