Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bennett's First Easter

I am so excited to have Bennett home and especially because we can now start traditions and celebrate holidays together. Of course the most important thing about Easter is the celebration of our risen Christ. Bennett got his picture made with the Easter bunny at the mall. We also had a neighborhood Easter egg hunt, but it didn't go as planned. First Bennett was not feeling well (turned out to be ear infection in both ears) and then it rained. So the "hunt" was in doors and involved seeing the Easter bunny and then picking your eggs out of a bucket. Haha. That evening we had all of our family come over and I fixed my first turkey dinner for them all. It was a lot of fun having everyone together. And my meal turned out good! Right before bed we read the Easter story of Christ to Bennett. See the poor guy's sad face ? He just wasn't feeling well :(
Daddy helping pick eggs out.

He grabbed a few on his own.
*
On Easter Sunday, Bennett got to open his Easter basket, which was Elmo. Then we got ready for church service. Our whole family joined us at our church today instead of being at separate churches like normal. Today was also my mom's birthday so it was great to have her with us as well. After church we went to Huber's Farm (Bennett's first time!!!) to eat. We ate, then took pictures, shopped around, and then Bennett did the Huber's Easter egg hunt which was really fun and really big! After Hubers we visited my Aunt at her house so they could see Bennett.
Here is his basket.

He likes shaking the eggs!

Playing with his goodies.

Daddy and Bennett at church.

My dad, Me, Bennett, and Brian.

Auntie Christa and Bennett.

Bennett and his Grandpa.

My baby bunny.

Happy Birthday MOM!

Family picture.
All the girls.




Happy Easter All....He is risen!

2 comments:

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

I could just eat him up in that tie!! So cute!

Jessi said...

Please let me know when Bennett's birthday is- I have an Elmo card ready to send him.