Monday, August 17, 2009

Bear In Our Car !!!?!!!!

So today were leaving Gatlinburg. Brian and I were packing up our car this morning with all of our luggage. Brian put a few suit cases in the trunk and then he went inside to get a few more (leaving the trunk open and front door to cabin open also). When he turned back around and looked back out the open front door and saw this bear looking back at him. He quitely told me to come to the door QUICKLY. When I got there I saw the bear too!!! I couldn't believe it! Of course we quickly shut and locked our cabin door but we didn't dare go back outside to shut the trunk of the car. This bear climbed into our trunk! We were shocked. He then got out Brian's bowling shoe and ripped it to shreds. After ripping it up he got back in the trunk again and started pulling and tugging and biting my suit case! There is a whole in it now. We banged on the door and yelled to try and get him off my luggage ( I thought he was going to ruin all my clothes!) but he didnt really care about us. He eventually left and got far enough for Brian to go back outside and close the trunk and lock the car incase Mr.Bear decided to return. Well we are all safe and in Louisville now and have a funny story to tell and a hole in my suit case and one less bowling shoe.






2 comments:

jamullins said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
HOW SCARY! THAT'S GREAT YOU GOT PICS OF IT! :)

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

NO WAY!!! You guys had a very adventurous trip! See you next week at our meeting!
FYI Jana leaves on Saturday to get her boys....maybe you can come to the airport with us to welcome them home.