Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of the Last Semester

Yesterday, August 24th, was the first day of my last semester of college!!! To say the least I am excited to be almost done. Yesterday went pretty well. Class was long but the professor seems to have a good attitude this semester. I also talked to her about the adoption and maybe having to take a week off when we go to Africa to get Bennett and she was super nice about it. I know my clinicals are going to be at Baptist East, which is SUPER close to my house so I am excited about that. I still dont know who my precepter is or what shift she normally works but hopefully I will find out tomorrow and it will be perfect for my schedule :) Please keep me and my fellow nursing school friends in your prayers as this will be a trying semester but hopefully we will get it done and have fun.

My nursing school friends have been there for me through a lot. They were there as I planned a wedding, as I got married, as I got pregnant, as I miscarried, as I tried to get pregnant for months, as I almost failed a class, and now as I am adopting a baby. I have made lifelong friends with these people and I am glad that they were there when others weren't!

I also want to thank my family for being there for me as I go through nursing school. They have been a great support for me through out everything also. I am greatful that I have a mom that is willing to put me and my sister through college. I also thank them for dealing with me through all the long hours of studying!
Above is a picture from our Transition Ceremony.

No comments: