Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Baby Shower!

My sister and Mom through me an awesome baby shower Sunday! It was great! We had help from NeNe, Melodie, and Dianne also that weekend with setting up. I loved being able to share information about our adoption with our family. All of my family and Brian's family was there to celebrate with me. I was a little nervous before that it may be awkward because some of the people didn't know much about the adoption and because all the baby showers I have ever been to the mommy is pregnant and knows about when her baby is going to be coming. It was so much fun!!! We got all the big items and several little items we needed too! We played fun games and had great food. I Love My Family :) Bennett is going to grow up with a great family who loves him so much! Mom and Steve got us our pack-n-play, along with paying for the shower and the gifts that came along with the "Memorize Items" game that I got too keep! Thanks, we love you all :)
Cute Bibs for baby :)

View of the Lake Forest Lodge, where the shower took place.
My Aunt Dianne made Bennett 2 quilts!!!! Sooooo cute! Love them!
Here is a view of all the presents we got!!!
Me and Bennett's Auntie Christa!
NeNe, Mom, and Me with Mercedes!
Highchair from my Grandma Doris, my Aunt Cheri and Cousin Lindsay.
Travel system from Brian's parents.
Canvas for the baby's nursery!
Here is a view of most of the stuff we got from the Baby Shower, minus the pack n play and highchair.

2 comments:

The Murphys said...

Aww!! How fun!! I'm sorry I missed it. I can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy though :)

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and Bennett got lots of great things! Aren't showers fun? I am sure you will look at all those gifts and imagine him in them! Praying for the day both our boys are home and buddies!