Thursday, August 6, 2009

Queen of Sheba Ethiopian Resturant

Today Brian came home from a closing and decided it was a good day to go to the local Ethiopian resturant, Queen of Sheba. I was nervous but I actually enjoyed it. If you don't know already, I am a VERY picky eater! I also do NOT like new foods. BUT we had a really good time!




Brian laughing at something about the food I think. We ordered an appetizer, it was ground beef, some type of Ethiopian type cheese and injera. Brian HATED injera. I was not a huge fan either but I think I could eventually get used to the taste and tolerate it.
Haha, I cut off the top of his head on this one but the face was awesome. Its the injera he keeps calling sour... I think I forgot to tell him about what injera was. I had never tasted it either but I have read about it and knew what to expect.
His face is just killing me with these!
The meal was actually good (minus injera). He got Derek Tips and I got Doro Tips. I liked the steak better than the chicken so I ate most of his but they both were good. The dark brown stuff on the plate was REALLY hot/spicy. I don't eat salad but he said it was good. The wot wasn't bad actually, after I got over the look of it and tried it.



The dessert was great! It was Balwaka (I think is how it is spelled?). It was a crispy layer with honey and nuts. It was small. Next time we will get two :)

5 comments:

ARMSTRONG ADVENTURES said...

I am so excited that you stepped out of your comfort zone and tried it. Injera will grow on you! We should go to dinner there one night soon. We LOVE it...even the girls! Avery will just eat a roll of injera sometime. :) I also have a cookbook if you are feeling fiesty and want to try your hand at it!

Brooke and Brian said...

How fun! We will definately need to get together! It was an adventure, but I enjoyed it!

Briana McCall said...

Baklava!! & I love it too!! :)

Jessi said...

I could marry baklava, I love it so much. I've made it a few times but it takes FOREVER. And it's hard to find around here unless you go to a bakery- but last Christmas Wal-Mart had party platters of it for like, five bucks. One more reason Christmas is awesome.

jamullins said...

You will learn to like the injera! I love it now! We have a Queen of Sheba restaurant we go to in Oklahoma City and I crave the food now!
Thanks for buying shirts from us!!
We'll get them to you asap!

Julie